To Our Valued Clients,
Fifth Avenue Veterinary Clinic understands that the impact of Covid-19 (Corona Virus) and how it affects people and their pets is top of mind these days. We will remain open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, however please consult our website and Google Business page in case of any necessary changes.
Our focus has shifted away from wellness appointments in order to assist as many sick and injured patients as possible. We will continue to provide pet care to the community while taking the necessary precautions to ensure the health and safety of our staff, clients and their pets. We will be following guidelines for best practices from our local, national and international health authorities to help limit the exposure and spread of this virus.
We request your patience, as we will be doing our best to keep up with the demands of our clients needs during this critical time. The service and care we offer could be affected by delays in delivery of medications, medical supplies and prescription pet foods.
We will continue to keep you updated of any issues moving forward on our website, Daktronics street sign and via our social media pages. Visit us at https://www.fifthavenuevetclinic.ca/
Plan For Delivering Veterinary Care During The Covid-19 Pandemic
In an effort to minimize exposure to our staff and adhere to social distancing recommendations, all of our appointments will be performed in a “curbside” manner. At this time we are NOT accepting walk-in appointments. The following is a summary of what you can expect for an appointment.
What to expect with CURBSIDE APPOINTMENTS:
- We suggest bringing a cellphone to your appointment as you will be asked to call the clinic when you arrive at your appointment time in the parking lot
- A staff member will gather pertinent information about your pet’s condition over the phone, also what car you are in / licence plate details so that we can locate you
- A staff member will bring your dog or cat inside the hospital where it will be examined by a veterinarian
The veterinarian will contact you by phone to discuss the exam findings and recommendations
- Payment will be taken by phone (credit card) or a wireless POS pad can be brought to your car
- Your pet will be returned to you and we will review any instructions for medications/treatments
As the crisis develops, some pet owners could be in a situation where their pets are ill, but they cannot leave their homes. Animal Hospital of Cambridge will be offering Veterinary Telemedicine to triage sick patients and provide direction about accessing veterinary care. In addition, we are delivering pet foods and prescriptions to people who cannot come to the clinic. Food & medication pick-ups can be done curbside as well by calling into the hospital.
We are here to offer our support to you during this difficult time. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at 519.307.2510 if we can be of assistance. Stay informed by visiting our website and following our social media pages; Facebook,Twitter, & Instagram