How Hot is TOO Hot?
I LEFT the windows down for HIM…
Far too often, more pets are being left in vehicles unattended. Even more troubling is that this is happening on days when temperatures are at their extreme. It is an occurrence that is STILL far too common, regardless of the warnings against it.
- Did you know?
- The temperature inside of a vehicle can change drastically within SECONDS? Even parked in the shade on a mild day, the temperature will still climb.
- A dog’s ability to sweat is limited. This fact, in addition to their hair coats can cause their body temperature to climb into harmful territory quickly, risking irreversible brain damage.
- If it is too hot for you, it is DEFINITELY too hot for your dog.
- You are responsible for your pet’s well being and safety. Leaving a pet unattended in a hot car is completely irresponsible and ultimately endangers their life
- You can be charged by the SPCA in your area if you are found to be guilty of this offence.
Please, if your pet is not allowed to be taken inside wherever you are going, leave them at home where they are comfortable and above all SAFE.
Let us spread awareness. Remember, there are NO EXCUSES. There should be NO HOT PETS.
Visit the website “No Hot Pets” to see how you can spread the word and take the pledge.
This article was written by Eushauna Clarke, Registered Veterinary Technician, of Fifth Avenue Veterinary Clinic. We provide team-based vet care for pets and their families from our animal hospital in Orangeville, Ontario. POSTED: 2017-05-10